My experience with the French couple Skip to main content

My experience with the French couple

Not long ago, I went to my native place, Kerala via train, along with my dad. It was a 32 hour journey. Earlier, I used to spend most of my time sleeping which used to kill my time, or rather I should say that it wasted my time. But than I realized that there were many different ways through which we can spend our time while travelling, and they were certainly better than to sleep like a nincompoop. I started reading books during my travel time and made a small investment in myself. Although I won't say that it went on to reap massive results, but the result is very much visible.
 On that particular journey, there was also a nun who was sitting with us. She looked calm as a millpond and usually looked out of the window, maybe to feel the breeze and to see the serene nature quickly getting past her. After having read many self development books of Robin Sharma and Dale Carnegie, I thought the best thing to do was to start a conversation with her which would help me to expand my knowledge about her religion, about her culture and would enable me to get to know more about her.
But what did I do? I shrank from greatness. I was too scared to speak;too scared to make a new friend;too scared to execute the things which I had learned from my books. All those hours, I just sat there reading my books and minding my own business. When we got out of the train, I realized my mistake,my cowardice, but it was too late amend. That instance really pinched me hard.
After spending weeks with my grandparents in Kerala, I said goodbye to them and came back. On my journey, I saw a foreign couple walking past by my side. It was a rare sight for me since I rarely see any foreigner in a train. My curiosity was at it's capstone. I looked at the seat in which they were sitting and had an inner conversation with myself- Rahul,what on earth are you waiting for? Just go out there and introduce yourself. You have already missed a similar kind of opportunity around a fortnight ago, now you can't afford to miss this one. Just get your butt up and go.
I went there, sat on a nearby seat and introduced myself. During my conversation, I came to know that they were French. I also spoke a bit of french to them, which I had learned during my high school days. The woman's name was Zaza Jones and the man's name was Loic Bourgeois. Loic is a chef while Zaza works in a non governmental organisation, helping the poor and the orphans. They were from Lilly and stayed together. They said that Kerala was a very clean place with lots of beautiful landscapes, and said that they loved the spicy food which it offers. The one thing which I loved about Zaza was that she maintains a small diary where she would write down all the things to be done on a particular day. It was such a great experience to talk with them. Our conversation stretched from politics to food to culture to movies and so on. They even recommended me to watch some french movies namely Taxi, Amelie Poulain and Les enfants du Marais, though I'm not sure whether I spelled those correctly. They said that it was for the first time that they visited India and I was mighty pleased when they said that they look forward to come here again. I guess we conversed for about 2 long hours. After I got home, I had a sense of pride within me and learned the following- To conquer your fears, you need not fight against it, but simply step into it and embrace it with full faith; the more strongly you hold it, the more quickly it will get out of you and you will be left to feel only one thing, and that is- Power.
Don't forget to play your part to spread positivity around you. Do share this article to your near and dear ones. God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2X3X Mindset

Does the title seems to be a bit abstruse. Let me break it down for you. This is something which I learned a few moths ago and guess what? It is doing wonders in my life! This principle states that if you want to  double  your income and your impact in your organisation, then you must  triple  your investment in your self-development.  You can't be progressing in your career if you are not willing to work on yourself and strive to be a better version of yourself with each passing day. What you'll have 2 years from now, 5 years from now,10 years from now solely depends on what you become and what are the things which you are willing to sacrifice today.  Your income hardly exceeds your self worth and once you acknowledge this very fact, you'll start realising that there is a very urgent need to start learning new skills and be very competitive. There are innumerable things which are out there in the world which can aide you reach your desired position. Be

Learning From Nature

The civilisation is trying to destroy it, But for our children, we've got to preserve it. The lush green grassland uplifts our mood, We owe to it a lot as it provides us with nutritious food, And helps to replenish water with its phenomenon called rain, Equanimity is the thing which it helps us to maintain. It rises above discrimination, giving plenty to all, We humans can learn from it who cheer from others' fall. Inspiring it is, service is its legacy, Will we ever shed our ignorance and reach out to the nature ? Well, hopefully! The last two words of this poem always ignites a sense of optimism within me that one day we will be able to comprehend the true value of nature rather than hurting it when it pleads for mercy; that one day we will take a moment to appreciate the beauty of the rainbow and the serenity of the sunrise ascending gently above the horizon rather than turning our backs onto it, missing out those small moments which really constitute a happy lif

What Separates Winners From Losers?

There are either winners or losers ( mediocres don't find space here). So what separates them? It's their mindset. Losers are afraid because the tunnel through which they have to go through is dark and deep, but winners only focus on the light which is at the end of it. It is well said that there are always 2 sides of the same coin, which implies that you can either be pessimistic about the situation, or be optimistic about the future. Life throws so many setbacks, so many failures, that it becomes very easy to feel melancholic about it. Successful people never look at the product like other people; the paramount importance to them is rather the process which they are undergoing, that will eventually help them to be a better person. Again, optimism is the key. The mindset of winners are different, their perspectives are different, therefore their rewards are different. Positive outlook towards life will always reap a positive result. You can follow my blog to get up